From desert landscapes to foggy mountains to lakeside cottages, the very best terrace photographs this year reveal the varied locations that users call home. And while ers were about modern and contemporary patios this year, stunning traditional and diverse outdoor areas also rose up in the ranks.
Have a look the 20 hottest patio photographs uploaded to in 2011. Which one you prefer?
More Readers’ Choice winners of 2011:
Kitchens | Bedrooms | Baths | Offices | Living Bathrooms | Kids’ Bathrooms | Laundry Bathrooms
Arterra Landscape Architects
1. ers loved the casual contemporary look of the outdoor terrace. The fireplace is partially surrounded by a built-in seat with added light fittings, and cold slate tile contrasts with the terra cotta walls.
Sullivan Design Studio
2. The wall encircling this outdoor patio made this picture worth bookmarking for several users. ers were inspired by the built in planters and each one of the seating this functional wall supplied.
Ana Williamson Architect
3. Putting an outdoor dining area outside of a kitchen and indoor dining area is the best way to transition your home in the inside to the outdoors. ers loved the simple setup and the beautiful shade given by the wisteria on the arbor.
4. This desert terrace is anything but bare. The combination of succulents and rock make the room feel complete and refreshing. users spared this distance for the great modern furniture, the most vibrant ceramic planters along with the pops of orange and blue throughout the plan.
Huettl Landscape Architecture
5. The blend of materials in this picture caught the eye of modern-landscape-loving ers. The redwood and steel arbor and lively greenery warm the all-concrete terrace.
6. Ipe — a tropical timber — has been used in a lot of patios around this past year. Users loved the red tone of the timber in this terrace and the maze-like texture of these gardens surrounding the space.
Notting Hill Gardens | Design Build Construction
7. This lush rear patio area is the best location for outdoor entertaining. The numerous seating areas can hold several groups of individuals. users loved the vines on the walls, and the blend of the brick and the slate tiles.
Scot Meacham Wood Design
8. If you’re attempting to find out the perfect method to maintain an impromptu outdoor dinner party, use this designer’s alternative as inspiration. Chic white and black fabrics always look fresh and clean, and will dress up even the most casual outdoor space.
Clay Construction Inc..
9. The great thing about this outdoor patio is it’s fantastic for any time of year. While it’s clearly well-suited for summertime, the fireplace, covered terrace and covered outdoor kitchen make it a cozy refuge on cold winter nights.
Christopher Yates Landscape Architecture
10. ers were drawn to the blank linear shape of the concrete and timber outdoor dining area.
Cohn + Associates
11. This luxurious patio has just about everything you’d need in an outdoor space. Even a TV, covered living room and outdoor terrace are visible in this shot. users loved the drapes along the longer walls in this outdoor room — it is a great way to retain heat in the winter or block the sun through a daytime picture.
Metamorphysis Home Staging Services
12. The winding form of the built-in seat made it bookmark-worthy for most users. Users especially loved the tropical and warm feel the fearless terra-cotta colour on the cushions gave the cold concrete seat.
13. The straightforward design of the outdoor patio follows the”less is more” mindset. The lines of this roof and the deck lead your eye on the other end of the home, and make the space seem longer. ers loved the sliding glass doors and the blending of the inside and the outdoors.
Randy Thueme Design Inc. – Landscape Architecture
14. The sculptural fence in this shot has an wonderful effect with this outdoor terrace. The lighting generates its own layout on the fence. It is daring enough that no additional decor is necessary.
Arterra Landscape Architects
15. ers loved the contrast between the granite countertop and the red Ipe wood with this kitchen. This photograph was bookmarked for layout inspiration — that the kitchen has plenty of space for cooking, serving drinks and eating a complete meal.
16. Rich, lus, and exotic are a few of the very first words that come to mind when viewing this magical outdoor hideaway. Users loved the diverse mish-mash of lanterns, foliage and fabrics.
17. It is difficult to say what is more striking about this beautiful terrace — the view or the stunning structure of this terrace itself. ers loved the exposed wood ceiling and beams, along with the elegant interior-like expression of the fireplace and the kitchen chimney.
18. Everything about this long and narrow outdoor terrace in Mexico is rather fabulous, but observant ers spared this picture for the exceptional bamboo flooring therapy. The beautiful colours on the outdoor pillows were another favourite feature, as were the wonderful outdoor lanterns near each column.
Studio William Hefner
19. These built in chairs are a excellent way to make use of any and all space in a walled-in terrace. Instead of staying far from the walls, this designer embraced them! The corner space turned into a comfy sitting room.
Kaufman Homes, Inc..
20. users loved the wise utilization of a sectional couch in this room. The L-shaped couch offers ample seating and retains the room comfy.
Tell usWhich outdoor space suits your personality best?
Watch photos of the most popular patio photographs on